Update: thank you to everyone who joined us for this sold-out workshop! We’ll be running another soon; you can sign up for notifications here.
Ignite Seattle thrives on diverse ideas and challenging stories. We think everyone should give public speaking a shot, and we’re hosting a workshop to help you do that!
Join us to learn:
- How to tell better stories at work or in life (and do it fast!),
- The 6 most common mistakes speakers make and how to avoid them
- The science behind fears about speaking and how to manage them
- How to get a talk proposal accepted at events like Ignite Seattle, TEDx, etc.
- Plus a few volunteers who bring 60 seconds of a talk they have will get an expert critique
You don’t need to have a talk idea or submit to Ignite to attend.
Your coach will be professional speaker and Ignite Seattle emcee Scott Berkun. In addition to giving 20 to 30 lectures and keynotes each year, he wrote the bestselling guide to public speaking, Confessions of a Public Speaker.
- Date: August 7, 2018; 7-9pm
- Location: Idea Lab at Fluke Hall, University of Washington
- Cost: $5. SOLD OUT.