Ignite Seattle is the largest open submission public speaking event in the Pacific Northwest. 3 to 4 times a year, one of the greatest audiences in the world gathers to hear interesting people tell interesting stories. Each speaker gets 20 slides, for 15 seconds each, to share a passion for 5 minutes – it’s an evening of curated discovery. We take pride in providing every audience with a deep sense of the community + possibility that surrounds us in Seattle in every moment.
- MC and Speaker Coach: Scott Berkun
- Speaker/Slide Wrangler: Zac Cohn
- Core Event Producer: Tyler Menezes
- Special Event Producers: Franzi Seeger (Workshops) and Pratik Stephen (Open Mics)
- Marketing: Nicole Steinbok
- Social Media: Emily Martin
- YouTube: Leigh Momii
- Design: Maurice Sy
- Photography: Randy Stewart
- Pre-Show and Special Activities: Nicole Dansereau and Christi Masi
- Alumni Speaker Placement: Susan Fee and Tonya Peck
- Special Projects: Bryan Zug
- Podcast: Dan Baird
Special thanks to continuing contributions from alumni organizers Jen Zug and Larry Swanson.
First held in Seattle in 2006. There have been 35+ Ignite Seattle events and they are currently held at the wonderful Egyptian Theatre in conjunction with our partner, Town Hall Seattle. Many other cities also run Ignite events.
In addition to the fantastic volunteers and organizers, Ignite Seattle couldn’t happen without it’s amazing partners, WeWork, The World is Fun, Town Hall Seattle, Bootstrapper Studios, The Evergrey, and Brady Harvey Photography.