Ignite Seattle is the largest open submission public speaking event in the Pacific Northwest. 3 to 4 times a year, one of the greatest audiences in the world gathers to hear interesting people tell interesting stories. Each speaker gets 20 slides, for 15 seconds each, to share a passion for 5 minutes – it’s an evening of curated discovery. We take pride in providing every audience with a deep sense of the community + possibility that surrounds us in Seattle in every moment.
Watch this short video to see some of our speakers, organizers and community explain, in just 60 seconds, What Ignite Seattle is.
- MC and Coach: Scott Berkun
- Speaker/Slide Wrangler: Zac Cohn
- Front of House: Tyler Menezes
- Marketing and More: Heidi Miller and Nicole Steinbok
- Producer: Kinzie Shaw
- Alumni Network: Carly Slater
- Photography: Randy Stewart
- Knower of Things: Bryan Zug
- Friends of Ignite Seattle: Jen Zug and Justin Martenstein
First held in Seattle in 2006. There have been 35+ Ignite Seattle events and they are currently held at the wonderful Egyptian Theatre in conjunction with our partner, Town Hall Seattle. Many other cities also run Ignite events.