Ignite Seattle is the largest open submission public speaking event in the Pacific Northwest. 3 to 4 times a year, one of the greatest audiences in the world gathers to hear interesting people tell interesting stories. Each speaker gets 20 slides, for 15 seconds each, to share a passion for 5 minutes – it’s an evening of curated discovery. We take pride in providing every audience with a deep sense of the community + possibility that surrounds us in Seattle in every moment.
Watch this short video to see some of our speakers, organizers and community explain, in just 60 seconds, What Ignite Seattle is.
First held in Seattle in 2006. There have been 30+ Ignite Seattle events and they are currently held at the wonderful Egyptian Theatre in conjunction with our partner, Town Hall Seattle. Many other cities also run Ignite events.
- General Organizers: Steven Chau, Heidi Miller, H.B. Siegel, Carly Slater, Nicole Steinbok, Randy Stewart, Bryan Zug and Jen Zug
- Speaker Wrangler and Lead Instigator: Justin Martenstein
- MC, Speaker Trainer, and Coach: Scott Berkun
- Slide Wrangler: Zac Cohn
- Content Wrangler: Larry Swanson
- Friends of Ignite Seattle: Jason Preston, Monica Guzman