Ignite Seattle is the largest open submission public speaking event in the Pacific Northwest. 3 to 4 times a year, one of the greatest audiences in the world gathers to hear interesting people tell interesting stories. Each speaker gets 20 slides, for 15 seconds each, to share a passion for 5 minutes – it’s an evening of curated discovery. We take pride in providing every audience with a deep sense of the community + possibility that surrounds us in Seattle in every moment.
- MC and Speaker Coach: Scott Berkun
- Speaker/Slide Wrangler: Zac Cohn
- Core Event Producer: Tyler Menezes
- Special Event Producers: Franzi Seeger
- Marketing: Nicole Steinbok
- Social Media: Emily Martin
- YouTube: Leigh Momii
- Design: Marice Sy
- Photography: Randy Stewart
- Pre-Show and Special Activities: Nicole Dansereau and Christi Masi
- Alumni Speaker Placement: Susan Fee and Tonya Peck
- Special Projects: Bryan Zug
- Podcast: Dan Baird
Special thanks to continuing contributions from alumni organizers Jen Zug and Larry Swanson.
First held in Seattle in 2006. There have been 35+ Ignite Seattle events and they are currently held at the wonderful Egyptian Theatre in conjunction with our partner, Town Hall Seattle. Many other cities also run Ignite events.