Our 31th Ignite event, and our OFFICIAL 10th ANNIVERSARY, is Thursday, November 17th, 7pm/8pm at Town Hall Seattle. Tickets $5 at the door or in advance (we frequently sell out – buy tickets early. Or NOW. Really).
This will be a very special night (10 years is a long time – 496 Ignite talks, or 2400 minutes of people on stage speaking, to be exact). If you haven’t been to ignite in awhile, don’t miss this one.
Doors open at 7pm, with a cash bar and a fun (optional) social interactive game (you don’t have to play, and since there is a bar you can stand and drink and make fun of the people who do, but we suspect you’re more likely to play than you think).
Talks start at 8pm, with an nicely sized intermission halfway through for you to do various acts of biology and sociology, including getting more drinks.
We received more than 80 talk submissions – more than ever before. Many were excellent. But since we are restricted by the laws of physics we had to pick just 16 speakers for this event.
Here is the glorious list of amazing speakers:
- Happiness through Calculus, Jordan Couch
- Building Solid Teams with Silly Games, Shannon Mead
- Nope! Really! Africa is Not A Country. Kevin Obbayi (alumni)
- Hello, My Friend. Madi Williamson
- After the Psych Ward, Jeffrey Hicks (alumni)
- The Streets Where You Live, Amy Cash
- So You Think You Can’t Dance, Sandi Olson
- Great Things Never Came From Comfort Zones, Andrew McGee
- Breaking Bread, Breaking Boundaries. Phillip Deng
- The Irish Goodbye, Kelly Kanary
- Our Brain’s Next Firmware Update, Laura Lantz
- Not Everything Is A Collaboration, Eric Holderman (alumni)
- Eat Your Ice Cream: How To Live Like You’re Dying, Robin Tarter
- Appy Bride: How I Infuriated the Wedding Industry & Got My Dream Wedding, Sarah Schacht (alumni)
- Guaranteed Successful Design, Noah Iliinsky (alumni)
- Vaguely Ethnic and About The Size of a 7th Grader, Kristin Leong (alumni)
- (Speaking order TBD so don’t presume this is it)
Looks like a great night, yes? Get your tickets here.