We had a hell of a show last week. Big thanks to Bootstrapper Studios for getting these ready for online in record time, and to all our speakers, of course, for absolutely killing it.
Here’s the whole playlist.
Here, the full recorded livestream (show starts at 26:30 or so):
And the breakdown:
- Fact check EVERYTHING – Jason Rantz
- Embracing the passion behind great works of interactive art – Meghan Trainor
- Fixing politics – Nick Rubin
- Stuck making a decision? Get help from a radioactive banana! – Elizabeth Grigg
- Everyone is a fraud so just roll with it – Hanna Brooks Olsen
- In which flying robots bring us stuff – Matt Shobe
- Kitty Kafe – McRae Naayers
- Trust your gut: how microbiology is influencing parenting – David McAndrew
- Why working at Microsoft was making me mentally ill & how bodybuilding saved me – Anushka Rehn
- What it feels like to be hit in the face with a shovel – Randy Scott
- Trial by fire – George Perantatos
- Move over baseball, esports are here: or, why I shaved my beard – Jason Preston
- Armageddon’s alternate ending: Bruce Willis’ character becomes a trillionaire – Caitlin O’Keefe
- Return to Planet Krypton: What I gained when I lost my superpowers – Candace Faber
- Friendship science: How to enter a conversation – Camille Shea
See you back at Town Hall Seattle for our next event Tuesday, Feb. 18! Stay tuned for more…
We have finally posted the videos from the last Ignite, held at Fremont Outdoor Cinemas in August. We had a fantastic crop of talks, including The Geek Diet, Being a Tech Entrepreneur in Baghdad, and How Video Games are Like Kissing. Check out the entire playlist for a view of all the talks.
The next Ignite is Wednesday, November 20th and today is the last day to submit a talk. Get yours in tonight before the deadline!
In the coming weeks, as we get closer to Ignite Seattle 19 (Feb. 20th @ Town Hall), we’ll be posting some of the highlights from the last two events.
Also, don’t forget to submit your talk ideas. The submission deadline is early January, so get your ideas in now.
Happy Holidays from everyone at Ignite Seattle!
Thank you to everyone that showed up for Ignite Seattle 18 – the volunteers, the speakers, and of course the audience. We were all extremely proud of the event, and feel it is one of the best Ignites in recent memory. Also, of course, thank you to Monica Guzman for being a wonderful MC and to Town Hall for hosting us. We are all looking forward to the next Ignite Seattle on February 20th.
Attendance-wise, we broke a record, with just a hair under 700 people in attendance. Additionally, we had a bunch of folks watching our first ever live video stream (courtesy of Bryan Zug at Lilipip).
Ignite 7 around the web
- Building Blocks Show – Ignite Seattle 7 Complete with Food Enthusiasts
- Seattle Metblogs – Monday Agenda: rumble, ignite
From our speakers
- Todd Sawicki – How I Learned to Like Ballet (Being Married to a Professional Ballet Dancer) – A Primer on Ballet
- Deepak Singh – Bite sized Big Data
- Lee LeFever – Speaking at Ignite Seattle August 3rd
- Matthew Amster-Burton – More Monkey than Ever
Thank you to everyone who spoke at Ignite 7. We couldn’t have Ignite without fantastic speakers and we are privileged to have funny, intelligent (and brief) speakers who are willing to entertain and inform us.
Finally, thank you to the audience who brought their friends, told their relatives and snuck out of the house on a Monday night just to join us. Our speakers would be talking to themselves without you 🙂 Seriously though, the best thing about Ignite is that YOU could be one of our next speakers.
We’ll be back in the fall for the next Ignite event. We’ll keep you posted on the blog and on Twitter as to the exact date. Until then, we’ll be posting videos of last night’s event to fill the void.