Thank you to everyone that showed up for Ignite Seattle 18 – the volunteers, the speakers, and of course the audience. We were all extremely proud of the event, and feel it is one of the best Ignites in recent memory. Also, of course, thank you to Monica Guzman for being a wonderful MC and to Town Hall for hosting us. We are all looking forward to the next Ignite Seattle on February 20th.
Attendance-wise, we broke a record, with just a hair under 700 people in attendance. Additionally, we had a bunch of folks watching our first ever live video stream (courtesy of Bryan Zug at Lilipip).
Ignite 7 around the web
- Building Blocks Show – Ignite Seattle 7 Complete with Food Enthusiasts
- Seattle Metblogs – Monday Agenda: rumble, ignite
From our speakers
- Todd Sawicki – How I Learned to Like Ballet (Being Married to a Professional Ballet Dancer) – A Primer on Ballet
- Deepak Singh – Bite sized Big Data
- Lee LeFever – Speaking at Ignite Seattle August 3rd
- Matthew Amster-Burton – More Monkey than Ever
Thank you to everyone who spoke at Ignite 7. We couldn’t have Ignite without fantastic speakers and we are privileged to have funny, intelligent (and brief) speakers who are willing to entertain and inform us.
Finally, thank you to the audience who brought their friends, told their relatives and snuck out of the house on a Monday night just to join us. Our speakers would be talking to themselves without you 🙂 Seriously though, the best thing about Ignite is that YOU could be one of our next speakers.
We’ll be back in the fall for the next Ignite event. We’ll keep you posted on the blog and on Twitter as to the exact date. Until then, we’ll be posting videos of last night’s event to fill the void.