We’re thrilled to bring you another edition of the best open submission public speaking event in the Northwest. We’re on a long stretch of sold out shows, so don’t wait to long to get your tickets.
Our shows are a great, fun, social experience, perfect for a date night, catching up with old friends or even just to hang out with coworkers after work.
If you’ve never come before, or have missed a few, this is a great one. Here are seven reasons to come to Ignite 40:
- Know Anyone with OCD? Melissa Reaves will talk about the profound effects on her family of having a child with the condition and how they’ve learned to cope and grow.
- Wonder what the impact of what you eat really is? Mary Purdy will explain how you can save the world, just by what you put under your fork.
- Did you know there are almost 450,000 foster children in the U.S.? Karlos Dillard, a foster adult, will teach us how they see life differently, something we should know as some people in our lives were likely once in the foster system.
- Rovina Broomfield, Ignite Seattle alum (So you’re Black in Tech), will be our fantastic Guest MC for the entire evening.
- Have you been arrested for a serious crime you didn’t even know you were commtting? Angela Barris’ surprising story involves a children’s toy, drawn guns, a concussion and bloody hands! Come to hear they whole wild tale.
- Easily beat the traffic and grab a pre-show snack or drink in the neighborhood near Town Hall Seattle with our recommendations.
- Plus eight more talks on a wide array of challenging, fun and entertaining subjects.
You will hate yourself if you don’t come. I mean, it’s Thursday night – shouldn’t you start your weekend a day early? We think you deserve it.
Doors open at 6:30pm (as does the cash bar). Talks start at 7:30pm, with an intermission. Full list of speakers and topics.