This Thursday (5/26) at 8:00pm is Ignite Seattle #30 – we’re thrilled to bring you another edition of the largest open submission public speaking event in the Northwest. We’ve sold out many shows in a row, as we consistently deliver a fun, challenging, fast paced evening of ideas, opinions and stories for your pleasure.
If you’ve never come before, or have missed a few, this is a great one to come check out.
Here are eight amazing reasons to come to Ignite 30:
- We are in Town Hall Seattle’s Great Hall, one of Seattle’s oldest and best venues for live events (and they have a cash bar that opens at 7pm)
- Erica McGillvray will teach you how to write a novel in a month.
- If you’re cranky and old (like me), you’ll get your biases confirmed (but also tested) in a talk about why the world hates millennials.
- If you are hip and young, you’ll laugh at learning about what if life were like stock photography, and how to live in the gig economy.
- Hang out with 800+ of Seattle’s coolest, most friendly audience members during our world famous intermission (we intermiss better than anyone anywhere). But the event usually sells out, so buy tickets in advance.
- If you like fruit and vegetables, and who doesn’t, you have bees to thank. Nicollette Neumann will tell you about fantastic bees and where to find them.
- Seattle has a homeless problem, yes? Learn about a new approach that might lead us to a cure.
- Islamophobia is sadly on the rise in America – Amanda Saab with share what it’s like to be your Muslim neighbor.
- It’s our 30th Ignite event, a number cleanly divisible by 6, 3, or 5! Go Math! We’re so excited we forgot how to count as this is reason #9 (which does NOT divide evenly into 30).
- We promise an evening free from the words: caucus, poll, superdelegate or Trump.
You will hate yourself if you don’t come. I mean, it’s Thursday night – shouldn’t you start your weekend of awesome a day early? We think you deserve it.