Our first Ignite of 2015 is ready to go on Wed Feb 18th 7pm/8pm at Town Hall Seattle. Tickets $5 at the door or in advance. Doors open at 7, with cash bar and a fun social game (you don’t have to play but you probably will despite what you think as you read this). Talks start at 8pm, with an intermission.
We received 50+ submissions, but alas, due to the laws of space and time we can only have so many speakers in an evening (If you know how to transcend space and time we’d love to have you speak about it).
Our usual fantastic MC Monica Guzman will be out of town doing super secret cool journalistic things. Filling in will be Scott Berkun, former-fill in host from Ignite 17 and multi Ignite Seattle veteran.
Here is our stellar roster of amazing speakers
The order of speakers for the evening is still TBD, but you really should come for the whole thing and get well more than your $5 worth:
- Think Like An Artist, Bryan Ohno
- How I Became a Kaleidescopist, Katarina Countiss
- Building Better Humans, Torri Brown
- Why Parasitic Wasps are AWESOME, Steven Chau
- How To Shake Hands, Tarah Wheeler Van Vlack
- Improv, Public Speaking, and You, Sol Villarreal
- The Best Hobby You’re Missing Out On, Katherine Hanson
- Hacking Gentrification, K. Wyking Garrett
- Nanosats Put Us All Into Space, Glenn Fleishman
- Being the Bigger Person, Cassie Wallender
- Eating Goat Testicles and Other Feminist Activities, Morgan Beach
- Hacking Rembrandt, Bill Ritchie
- Photographing the Unseen, Adam Philipp
- The Adventures of Founding a Business with Your Best Friend, Martina Welke
- How to Write About Your #!@$#%# Family, Scott Berkun
Please spread the word. A great night awaits you and your friends.