Scrabble isn’t a game of who can get the best 6 letter words. It’s a game of points and squeezing 2 letter terms into corners. Mehal Shah takes us through clean (and sometimes dirty) ways to win at Scrabble.
Some of his tips include:
- Thinking of Scrabble as a numbers game, instead of a word game
- Learning how to double the value of every tile you play
- Shutting down the board and holding on to every point you can get
- Learning how to bluff effectively
- Learning how to fake a bluff effectively
- Using your opponents knowledge to trick them
- Using foreign languages to psych out your opponent
About Mehal Shah
Mehal Shah is a software engineer at Amazon.com. You can find Mehal on his blog, on Twitter and his photos on Flickr. Mehal did a great post about his experience speaking at Ignite.
4 thoughts on “Fighting Dirty in Scrabble – Mehal Shah”