Next Tuesday night at the CHAC we are going to have the next Ignite! Starting at 8PM we are going to hear from 16 speakers. There is one more day to submit talks. Here are the talks so far:
- Noah Iliinsky – Generation of Complex Diagrams: How to Make Lasagna Instead of SpaghettiA system for creating good diagrams, starting with perception and cognition, and ending by advising key choice points.
- Ellen Kowalczyk – Living with (and not killing) the entrepreneur in your lifeCreative ways on managing money, time, personal space and the emotional ups and downs of living with a startup junkie.
- Sarah Schacht Run the Government: A Primer for Online Citizens Web 2.0 has been around for a few years. US democracy-over 200. On/offline best practices & tools for citizen activism.
- todd sawicki – History of Online AdvertisingFrom the 1st banner ad to where spam came from to the rise of the dreaded pop – its all explained so you’ll who to blame
- Adam Philipp – How to Roll Your Own Patent ApplicationGot an Idea? Is it new? Is it useful? Is it obvious? Yes, Yes, No! Patent it! Or at least get the provisional filed.
- Vj Vijai- Hacking the Technical Interview Use NLP, Hypnosis and other Jedi Mind tricks to land the exact job that you want
- Jeff Barr – How to be a Technology EvangelistJeff will talk about the theory and practice of technology evangelism – what it is and how it is done.
- Ramez Naam – Bottoms Up – Putting Employees, Information, and Customers In Charge of Business What if businesses were market democracies? Would they be more effective? More conscientious? How do we make it so?
- Ryan McMinn – A pseudoscience guide to geek datingHow the things you know and love like numbers, stats, charts & obsessive tendencies can actually help your dating life.
- Monica Guzman – How to be an awesome news story commenterA few tips on how you can use news story comment boards to improve local journalism and help reporters help you.
- Helen Cook – The most beautiful game in the worldThe first half of this talk will teach you how to play the most beautiful game in the world: go.
- Justin Martenstein – The Six Hour StartupIs it possible to take a startup from idea to implementation in a Saturday afternoon?