The next Ignite Seattle is August 8th at the CHAC. The evening will be a combination of Half-Baked Dotcom and Ignite talks. This time we are doing something special and we’re going to have a contest amongst the speakers. Four speakers will get a chance to do their Ignite talks at Gnomedex, Chris Pirillo’s Seattle-based event. RSVP at Upcoming.
Talks submissions are due by today. Selections will be made by Wednesday. Here are the talks so far.
- Shawn Murphy – Hacking Chocolate
Anybody can create interesting and new chocolates with some basic ingredients, imagination and a little technique.
- Deepak Singh – Small medicine: Nanotechnology and biology
The start of the art in the applications of nanotechnology to healthcare and medicine
- Derek Gaw – uncluttring Amazon
Amazon’s experience is often criticized for being too cluttered. I decided to see what I could do to clean it up.
- Sarah Schacht – Run the Government: A Primer for Online Citizens
Web 2.0 has been around for a few years. US democracy-over 200. On/offline best practices & tools for citizen’s activism
- Elan Lee – My Clothes Tell Secrets
Examples of storytelling and entertainment embedded in the fabric of the clothes we wear.
- Brian Dorsey – An embarrassment of riches – the story of Noonhat
We live in amazing times. Individuals and small groups can build small things with big effects. Even working part time.
- Dave McClure – Startup Metrics for Pirates: AARRR!
A simple 5-step model for measuring startup success: 1) Acquisition 2) Activation 3) Retention 4) Referral 5) Revenue
- Rob Gruhl – How to buy a new car
Get your next new car for the best price.
- Beth Goza – Is 2008 the year the “Third Screen” takes center stage?
With the iPhone release and Google taking a look at mobile search, it’s clear that the 3rd screen is on everyone’s radar
- Scotto Moore – Make Art Not Content
A whirlwind examination of the impact that digital media has had on culture’s conception of art and artists.
- Leo Dirac – Venture Capital Term Sheets
An intro to how the money gets split up when a venture capital backed startup gets bought or goes public.
- Maegan Ashworth – No, not skin: Epidemiology for the layman
Some basic epidemiologic concepts that can help you evaluate biomedical reporting in the popular press.